Sunday, October 28, 2012

Unafraid

There is a party. Alcohol is flowing like the Styx and Dionysus begins to drive his unaware worshippers into madness. Madness, that which goes against popular understanding. My feet travel forward, like Hermes with his magical sandals transcending into something new; a new realm, a new moment, a new now. My mind descends into philosophy and poetry as I humbly greet my night's acquaintances.

She is there.
"you and i are not snobs..."
And I begin to stare deeply into her eyes. She speaks to me with an air of familiarity. I look at her with a gaze of newness and freshness. Every gaze feels like a mystery.
"We are human beings;for whom birth is a supremely welcome mystery,the mystery of growing:the mystery which happens only and whenever we are faithful to ourselves. "

I wander to find my solitude. I speak with someone else. A casual conversation with a face my mind has not a name for. This is entirely pleasant, a hyper-realist's swim in the waters of familiarity. The wine tickles my lips like a feather from the finger-tips of Dionysus. He departs to dance. I remain.

I hear a word of magic. The mystery. The unknown. My world spins as if I have stepped into a new reality, a new dimension. Conversation alters as if controlled by a switchboard reacting to my thoughts, my interpretation, my understanding. I plunge into the absurd.

"Miracles are to come. With you, I leave the remembrance of miracles..."

No comments:

Post a Comment